Prosperity is defined as thriving; flourishing. The I-69 Thumb Region is collaborating with public, private and nonprofit partners on a plan that will foster economic growth and prosperity throughout the region. ACCELERATE: A PLAN FOR REGIONAL PROSPERITY is one plan for seven counties that is designed to create a roadmap for growth that will achieve the greatest impact for businesses and residents.
The plan is funded by grants from the State of Michigan and the U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA). Through focusing on education, transportation, workforce development and economic development the plan serves as a blueprint for prosperity.
List of Committee Members (Click to View)
I-69 Thumb Region Steering Committee Meetings are held 10:30 a.m. on the 2nd Wednesday of every other month at the Lapeer County Health Department, 1800 Imlay City Road, Lapeer, Michigan:
2017 Meeting Dates
February 8, April 12, June 14, August 9, October 11, December 13
Meetings are open to the public
Summary of I-69 Thumb Region Steering Committee Meetings
- “Region 6 Progress Report – What We Have Heard and Found,” George Erickcek & Brian Pittelko, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, September 11, 2014
- “Alternative Futures,” George A. Erickcek, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, August 14, 2014
- “Visioning 2030 for Region 6,” George A. Erickcek, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, July 24, 2014
ACCELERATE: A PLAN FOR REGIONAL PROSPERITY builds upon strong alliances, regional projects, and a unique infrastructure. One of the most notable assets of our region is the willingness of partners across the region to collaborate. The plan is a collaborative project of the I-69 Thumb Region.
Representatives from workforce development, adult and higher education, transportation, and economic development are actively involved in creating and driving the ACCELERATE PLAN.
Adult Education/Higher Education
- Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
- City of Flint
- Community Foundation of Greater Flint
- Congressman Daniel Kildee
- Flint Area Reinvestment Office
- Genesee County Board of Commissioners
- Genesee County Metropolitan Planning Commission
- Genesee County Parks
- Genesee County United Way
- Lapeer County
- Sanilac County Board of Commissioners
- Shiawassee United Way