WELCOME TO THE I-69 THUMB REGION
Covering seven counties in eastern Michigan, the region has a wide range of agricultural richness, manufacturing know-how and transportation resources. The I-69 Thumb Region is a place where businesses and individuals can grow and prosper. Connected by international and interstate connections, the region boasts resources like no other. From agriculture to manufacturing to technology, you can make it here.
- Over 395,000 workers with close to 360,000 jobs, and average earnings of $38,754
- Four major expressways – I-69, I-75, US 23 and I-94
- Multiple rail providers, including CSX and Canadian National
- Bishop International Airport with multiple passenger and freight carriers; Blue Water Bridge, connecting Port Huron to Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
- Major crops including soy beans, corn, sugar beets, hay and wheat; poultry and dairy production amongst highest in state